Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Visit to Niagara Falls

In the beginning of April I was able to visit Niagara Falls, NY for an academic conference. During our stay we ventured over into Canada to see the Falls. I was so excited to see that they were still partially frozen. These are only a part of the Falls, the other part was so foggy, you could hardly see. I tried to get some close up shots  (the four below) to show how massive these structures were. It's difficult to see because I was using an iPhone, but the water rushing off of the Falls is cutting down the ice, leaving beautiful ridges in the sides of the ice. While I was there it was rainy but the temperature was between 50 and 60 degrees! It will be interesting to see how long it takes until the Falls and the River are defrosted!






 























No comments:

Post a Comment