Monday, May 5, 2014

One Year Without Showering

Recently BuzzFeed created a post about a man, Rob Greenfield, who decided that he wasn't going to shower. He still bathed and washed himself, but he did not take an indoor inside a porcelain tub shower. Instead he bathed where ever he could find water! Leaky fire hydrant, rivers, lakes, etc. It started because he wanted to restrict his water usage, including drinking water. After six months he found it to be fairly easy, and decided to continue. His friends joined, he found romance, but it wasn't all an easy process. Of course it was more difficult when temperatures dropped, but he made it through and decided to keep going on. Although I'm not ready to cut out showering, because I don't live in a place that has that much access to bodies of water, it's made me think about cutting down my shower time, making sure I turn off the faucet when I brush my teeth or do dishes. We can all take those small steps to limit our water down to what we need. No extra.
Read the post here!

No comments:

Post a Comment